What Does A Property Manager Do?
harkins / April 12, 2021
When you buy commercial real estate, you gain a valuable and versatile investment. However, part of owning a successful commercial space for lease is proper management. As a commercial property owner, one of the first things you should do is hire a reputable property management company. They can handle many of the most important daily tasks. Areas a property manager helps with include the following:
- Help Determine Rent: an experienced property management company is knowledgeable about property costs and trends in the local area. Because of this, they can help in not only collecting the rent but setting a price that local businesses will respond to favorably.
- Screen Potential Tenants: an important part of a successful commercial property is having tenants that are reliable and consistent in their business dealings. A property manager will check the background of every potential tenant. This ensures that your tenants will be ones you can depend on.
- Handle Repairs: many commercial repair needs are emergencies such as electrical issues or a broken pipe. A property manager quickly addresses these emergencies and hires any needed professional assistance.
- Tax Forms: your property manager will track and provide you with all needed yearly tax documentation such as 1099s and the like.
- Bookkeeping: in addition to tax documents, property managers also assist with income and expense reports. They give an exact picture of the health of your commercial property and any financial areas that may need addressing.
As you can see, a property manager handles some of the most important aspects of owning a commercial property. Hiring a skilled property management company is key to your success. If you need help properly managing your Sanford area commercial real estate, contact the experts at Harkins Commercial Real Estate.
« Previous Next »